Friday, April 3, 2009

Trials & Tribulations...Part One



I have tried several diets in the last few years.

One of them was the LCD or Liver Cleansing Diet.

This became popular in the late 90's when Sandra Cabot released her book, "The Liver Cleansing Diet". I managed to lose 10 kilos in 2 months on this diet and saw friends lose 15 - 20 kilos in the same amount of time.

My personal experience: The diet was difficult to follow mainly because it demands that the dieter stop eating meat for a few weeks. The effects were visible within 2 weeks on the diet and this was what kept me going.
Food preparation is the key to sticking to this diet (all diets really). Preparing meals in advance to prevent eating fast food/unhealthy snacks is very important in any healthy regime.

This is still the best diet I have tried to date but keeping the weight off after completing the diet proved to be the real challenge.
I put some of the weight back on and my friends who had lost more weight than me put almost all of their weight back on. We had been unsuccessful in sticking to a healthy diet afterwards.
I feel this is because the LCD was maybe extreme. Not being able to have any of our regular treats possibly made us crave it once we were off the diet.
But I reiterate that this is only my thoughts on my personal experience.
Visit http://www.liverdoctor.com/ to read more about this diet.

Sandra also has her own blog: http://www.liverdoctor.com/blog/.